Dollars & Sense magazine collaborated with Farm Aid to create a special issue examining the economic state of agriculture in America today.
- John Ikerd on the failure of industrial agriculture and the need to embrace alternatives now.
- Farm Aid co-founder Willie Nelson on the need for new definitions of wealth that recognize the importance of family farming to land stewardship and sustainable communities
- A review of Christopher Leonard’s The Meat Racket
- David Bacon on the struggles of migrant farmworkers on the West Coast
- Essays on land grabs by Wall Street in the U.S. and by multinational investors in Africa
- A report on the reemergence of modern day robber barons among poultry processors in the U.S. and coffee exporters abroad
- Lessons on the growth and benefits of community-supported agriculture programs
Read these and more in the March-April issue of Dollars & Sense. Download or read below.