The First 100 Day Resistance Agenda by Robert Reich November 19, 2016 Trump’s First 100 Day agenda includes repealing environmental regulations, Obamacare, and the Dodd-Frank Act, giving the rich a huge tax cut, and much worse. Here’s the First 100 Day…
True patriotism is about 5 basic principles, according to Robert Reich:
- Coming together for the common good.
- Paying your fare share of the tax burdens of our country, rather than always seeking out the maximum number of tax loopholes and stashing money abroad. Voting, being politically active, volunteering to improve things for others.
- Preserving, fortifying and protecting our democracy. Defending the right to vote and ensuring more people have the right to vote, not fewer.
- Government is not something to be despised, but a tool of the people to help solve problems. True patriots work to improve our government, not destroy it.
- True patriots seek to celebrate the “we” in “We the People.”
Author and former Labor Secretary Robert Reich gives a quick lesson in Austerity 101, conducted with teaching aids we can understand – vivid comic-book graphics.