With the state of the Democratic Party opposition, upcoming midterms and the 2020 presidential race in the news with some regularity, it dawned on me that I’d not yet written about a very interesting gathering that took place in Petaluma a few months back at which the need for electoral change was much discussed. On April…
The First 100 Day Resistance Agenda by Robert Reich November 19, 2016 Trump’s First 100 Day agenda includes repealing environmental regulations, Obamacare, and the Dodd-Frank Act, giving the rich a huge tax cut, and much worse. Here’s the First 100 Day resistance agenda [with thanks to Alan Webber]: 1. Get Democrats in the Congress and across…
True patriotism is about 5 basic principles, according to Robert Reich:
- Coming together for the common good.
- Paying your fare share of the tax burdens of our country, rather than always seeking out the maximum number of tax loopholes and stashing money abroad. Voting, being politically active, volunteering to improve things for others.
- Preserving, fortifying and protecting our democracy. Defending the right to vote and ensuring more people have the right to vote, not fewer.
- Government is not something to be despised, but a tool of the people to help solve problems. True patriots work to improve our government, not destroy it.
- True patriots seek to celebrate the “we” in “We the People.”
Longtime media critic, co-founder of Roots Action, and North Bay resident Norman Solomon notes the growing chorus of mainstream media outlets that are stoking fears of a Bernie Sanders presidency. This article originally appeared at Common Dreams. Spin Shift on Bernie: The Escalating Media Assault Published on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 by Common Dreams by…
Author and former Labor Secretary Robert Reich gives a quick lesson in Austerity 101, conducted with teaching aids we can understand – vivid comic-book graphics.